Thursday, September 13, 2007

Counting

Ok, yes, I'm now counting. See the little doohickey down the corner there, yes, down there to the right! Probably the ultimate statement of vanity, counting the number of people who visit the ultimate in vanity, a blog. I mean, really, who cares about my maunderings and mental meanderings? Then, as Kin (the missus) used to say on her blog, "Read by at least 10 people every day". Gives me something to aim for!

Having said that though, I count all sorts of things everyday. From the hours, minutes and seconds till I knock off from work each day to the number of steps it takes me to walk home from work. Actually, I haven't done the latter, no real point, and as an engineer, I round off the former to "about half an hours", but you get my drift.

What I mean by all that fluff is there are some things in life I am allways either counting down to, counting on or counting for. Such as I count ON the sun coming up each day; I count DOWN to the day I no longer have to go to work each day; and I am counting the things I need FOR the day I no longer have to work every day. I've gotta say, if that first one ever lets me down I am certainly NOT going to work that day!

No comments: